Additonally, he serves as head of the interdisciplinary TSC centre including clinical research on TSC.
- Board Certification in Nephrology 1998
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine (German Board of Internal Medicine) 1997
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine (American Board of Internal Medicine) 1993
- Doctoral degree, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich 1999
- Habilitation University of Regensburg 2002
Prof. Dr. med. Michael Fischereder graduated from Ludwig-Maximilians University Medical School in 1988. After clinical training at the BG Unfallklinik Murnau and the University of Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics he received the Board Certification in Internal Medicine from the American Board of Internal Medicine in 1993.
Subsequently he completed his training in Internal Medicine along with a fellowship in Nephrology at the Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians University Munich. At the same time, he started his renal research. He received the Board Certification in Internal Medicine 1997, completed his doctoral thesis in 1998 and was board certified in nephrology in 1999.
From 1999 until 2003 he served as attending nephrologist at the Universitätsklinikum Regensburg. His research focussed on clinical aspects of transplant nephrology.
After his habilitation in 2002 he returned to the Ludwig-Maximilians University in 2003 as Professor in Internal Medicine and Nephrology. His clinical and scientific focus
Since 2012 he is chief of Nephrology at the LMU-Klinikum in Munich.
- Undergraduate Nephrology teaching (Modul 23, NUGS-Block)
- Postgraduate Nephrology teaching (Nephrology Fellows)
- Nephrology CME courses
- international observerships (on special request)
- 10+ previous MD students
- 4 current MD students
- Principal investigator in various multicentre interventional trials on glomerular diseases and hypertension
- Investigator initiated trials on therapeutic drug monitoring, sodium handling and tuberous sclerosis
- Glycosaminoglycan synthesis