T-cell mediated dermatological disorders
Main Fields of Research
The research group mainly investigates the causes and mechanisms as well as the antigen specificity of T-cell mediated dermatological disorders. The experimental work focuses on the autoimmune response of psoriasis vulgaris and its subtypes, Behçet‘s disease, and aspects regarding the specific immunotherapy of malignant melanoma. Experimental approaches exploit T-cell receptor technologies, transcriptional analyses and genetically modified cells and molecules to characterize antigenic targets and immunological repertoires in relation to the aforementioned issues.
Prof. Jörg C. Prinz, MD
Akiko Arakawa, MD, PhD
Tatsushi Ishimoto, MD, PhD
Mengwen He, MD
Sigrid Vollmer, MTA
Secil Vural: Department of Dermatology, Koç University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey.
Yukiyasu Arakawa: Department of Dematology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Dr. Edd James, Associate professor, Centre for Cancer Immunology, University Hospital Southampton, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Dr. Andreas Schlosser, Rudolf-Virchow-Zentrum –Center for Integrative and Translational Bioimaging, University of Würzburg, Germany
Dr. Christian D. Huber, School of Biological Sciences, University of Adelaide, 5005 Adelaide, Australia MBL International, A JSR Life Sciences Company, Woburn, MA 01801, U.S.A
- Arakawa, A., E. Reeves, S. Vollmer, Y. Arakawa, M. He, A. Galinski, J. Stohr, K. Dornmair, E. James, and J.C. Prinz. 2021. ERAP1 Controls the Autoimmune Response against Melanocytes in Psoriasis by Generating the Melanocyte Autoantigen and Regulating Its Amount for HLA-C*06:02 Presentation. Journal of Immunology 207:2235-2244.
- Prinz, J.C. 2021. Antigen Processing, Presentation, and Tolerance: Role in Autoimmune Skin Diseases. The Journal of Investigative Dermatology
- Jendoubi, F., M. Rohde, and J.C. Prinz. 2019. Intracellular Streptococcal Uptake and Persistence: A Potential Cause of Erysipelas Recurrence. Front Med (Lausanne) 6:6.
- Arakawa, A., S. Vollmer, P. Besgen, A. Galinski, B. Summer, Y. Kawakami, A. Wollenberg, K. Dornmair, M. Spannagl, T. Ruzicka, P. Thomas, and J.C. Prinz. 2018. Unopposed IL-36 Activity Promotes Clonal CD4(+) T-Cell Responses with IL-17A Production in Generalized Pustular Psoriasis. The Journal of Investigative Dermatology 138:1338-1347.
- Arakawa, A., K. Siewert, J. Stohr, P. Besgen, S.M. Kim, G. Ruhl, J. Nickel, S. Vollmer, P. Thomas, S. Krebs, S. Pinkert, M. Spannagl, K. Held, C. Kammerbauer, R. Besch, K. Dornmair, and J.C. Prinz. 2015. Melanocyte antigen triggers autoimmunity in human psoriasis. The Journal of Experimental Medicine 212:2203-2212.